Source: www.cbc.ca Companies may find transactional-only...
People must learn to work together and understand how to relate to one another in order to maximize team output. Team coaching achieves just that: it helps a team become a stronger unit and move in the same direction. Alignment of goals and objectives are key to having the team function well together and support each other.
Encouraging ideas, concepts and opinions from team members can only strengthen a team and drive performance. The way people act with their teammates, and the way they communicate with one another – these are important drivers of effective team performance. After all, you can put a lot of high-performing individuals on a team and still have performance problems.
Teams become dysfunctional when communication breaks down and distrust sets in. Our Seven Fundamentals of Team Engagement and Leadership model is custom designed to address each team’s challenges and opportunities. Team coaching can be distinguished from group coaching in that team coaching relates to a specific team where individuals are working closely together towards a defined and mutually accountable goal.
Who would benefit most from team coaching
- A team that is working in opposing directions
- A team whose members do not respect each other
- A team who has members who feel marginalized
- A team that is reaching its maximum potential
- A team that is in conflict and becomes dysfunctional
- A team whose members do not support each other or hold each other accountable
- A team who must meet very demanding goals and is under stress
- A team who is behind their schedule and needs to move forward
Reap the many positive outcomes
- Identify and sharpen individual strengths
- Cohesively set and achieve common goals of the team
- Improve management and interpersonal skills
- Identify and harness diverse knowledge, personalities, skills, talents, and work styles to achieve team goals and objectives
- Learn and improve soft skills, emotional intelligence & the ability to work and communicate with people of different temperaments
- Resolve professional and personal conflicts
- Have clear goals, plans and measurements in place for execution of organizational goals