Shena Mistry is a multi-faceted Career Coach with international laurels in Talent Acquisition – one who brings a clear focus on strategy, results and financial growth to her clients.
Cultivating Relationships. Curating Talent. Inspiring High Performance.
These have been the fundamental building blocks of Shena’s recruitment-forward business experience over the past decade. Whether engaging with CEOs and HR Leadership for high-profile Executive Search, partnering with Hiring Teams for full-cycle recruitment strategies or providing one-on-one Career Coaching to individuals, Shena’s genuine interest in people and progress shines through. She is known for optimizing technology and articulating both human and digital solutions that balance simplicity with efficiency, value with cost effectiveness, and results with sustainability.
Shena’s background can be described as three-pronged: excelling in corporate HR leadership roles; delivering positive outcomes in external Consulting; and inspiring countless individuals with personal Coaching at all levels and career pivot points. Within large-scale corporate frameworks, she has led Talent Acquisition teams to nurture a consistent employer brand, identify top talent, and build diverse sourcing strategies. She honed her external consulting approach with one of the top Search firms in the world. As an independent Consultant, Shena Mistry provides guidance to clients from early careers to executive level on professional goals, job search and landing strategies, and leadership development.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE AND SERVICES
- One-on-one Career Coaching
- Leadership Development
- Strategic Workforce Planning
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Proactive Talent Acquisition
- Partnership & Brand Building
- Building & Coaching High-Performance Teams
- HR Process Improvement
SAMPLE CLIENT LIST
- Plan International UK
- Save the Children
- British Red Cross
- World Wildlife Fund
- War Child
RECENT COACHING & TRAINING SUCCESSES
- Built and led a high-performing team of 6 Recruitment Consultants to network, identify and source
top candidates for search engagements across the media industry for one of the top advertising
firms in the world.
- Partnered with HR & Executive Leadership to identify talent priorities and define key recruitment
metrics as part of the development, design and execution of a 3-year talent acquisition strategy.
- Ranked as one of the highest-performing Consultants at North America’s leading Search firm based
on quality of talent, efficiency and sustainable results.
- Led integration of diversity, equity and inclusion strategies within the talent acquisition function to
promote equity in hiring practices from early careers to executive level.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Master of Science, Urbanization and Development – London School of Economics and Political Science, London, UK
- Bachelor of Arts Honours, Politics and Development Studies – Queen’s University, Kingston, ON
As a Career Coach, Shena provides one-on-one guidance to a wide variety of clients: experienced
professionals, recent graduates, newcomers to Canada, and many in career transition. Topics cover
professional goals, career planning, job search strategies, salary negotiation, strengthening resumes and
social media profiles, networking skills, interview preparation, and leadership development. Shena
offers her support pro bono within her community to ensure that new immigrants to Canada, and
women in particular, are equipped with the tools and information they require to navigate the local